The Root Riverfolk Expansion adds two new factions (The Riverfolk and The Lizard Cultists), new vagabonds, and exciting new game modes.
The Lizard Cultists want to indoctrinate the dispossessed creatures of the woods and spread their creed far and wide!
Meanwhile, the Riverfolk Company are capitalizing on the crisis. They will offer services and expand their trade operations to secure their status as merchant kings!
Then, the non-player controlled Mechanical Marquise are waging war against players in competitive AND co-operative modes!
Each Game Includes:
- More screen printed warriors and the pieces you need to play with up to six players.
- Three new Vagabond Variants.
- Cooperative and Competitive Bot Play that allows Root be be played solitaire.
- Dozens of new player configurations!
AWARDS & HONORS FOR ROOT
- 2019 UK Games Expo Best Board Game (Strategic Style) People’s Choice Winner
- 2019 UK Games Expo Best Board Game (Strategic Style) Judges Award Winner
- 2019 SXSW Tabletop Game of the Year Winner
- 2019 International Gamers Award – General Strategy: Multi-player Winner
- 2018 Golden Geek Most Innovative Board Game Winner
- 2018 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Winner
- 2018 Golden Geek Best Thematic Board Game Winner
- 2018 Golden Geek Best Board Game Artwork & Presentation Winner
- 2018 Cardboard Republic Striker Laurel Winner
- 2018 Board Game Quest Awards Game of the Year Winner
Players: 1 – 6 players
Playtime: 90 minutes